Friday, March 8, 2013

M2. Texting and Driving

The whole texting while driving thing is a touchy subject. You can defend it either way. You can say it's pointless and just wait till you stop. Another thing is it could be convenient to text while driving. I think it could just wait. The price you have to pay for just sending one text. You could have to pay 150 dollars for a ticket and possibly 2 points on your license, so basically it's kind of hard to understand why you would risk that. There is also a whole bunch of deaths because of texting while driving. It's pretty hard to not text though I feel. The people who drive are used to texting all the time while and then they are driving, and they feel their phone go off so they instinctively reach for their phone and answer it. I have my permit so I don't really drive. Side note I drove yesterday with my sister because she got a new car. It's a 2005 Toyota Rav4. It's a 5 speed manual transmission. It was the first time I ever drove stick. It was pretty sweet. I will be honest I stalled her car one time, but other than that I did good. I drove around the park for a little while then I drove to my house down West main. It was pretty sweet. I felt like I had more control when I was driving, but I didn't do any texting while I was driving, and I didn't break any other laws like that, so I did good. I feel like more people should have the control to not use their phone, and if it's important they should pull over and call or text the person they need to. Those are my views on the texting while driving laws, and my input on driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment