Wednesday, October 31, 2012

E2. Thanksgiving traditions

My Thanksgiving traditions are to eat a real lot of food, and then I lay on my grandma's couch until I go home and sleep on my bed. I love eating. I am always one of the last people at the dinner table. It's always down to me, my uncle Greg, and my aunt Danielle. We all love to eat and we love every kind of food. At any family gathering we are the last ones to leave the table and we always eat dessert. This upcoming Thanksgiving I could see it be me my uncle and my aunt all at the dinner table eating the whole time. The biggest tradition we have is during Christmas. My family is Polish. My Grandma who I call nannie is very religious. So during Christmas all of us grandchildren have a specific job to do for Christmas. Last year I had to light a candle and put it outside. This showed that if anyone needed anything to eat we had a spot open. My cousin I think had to put an extra plate and silverware out for a stranger who needed something to eat. I have never had anyone come over who needed food. A big thing about Christmas I like is my Grandpa and my aunts make homemade pierogies. They are so good. They make potato ones, cheese ones, and sauerkraut ones. I'm not a big fan of the sauerkraut ones, but I eat them like a true Polish grandson. I really like to mix the potato ones and the cheese ones. I made up this technique where I cut the potato one into fourths and the cheese ones into fourths as well. Then I take a fourth of both ones and eat them at the same time. Everything about Thanksgiving and Christmas is good because I'm with my big happy Polish family.

No comments:

Post a Comment